Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hable Construction Pillows

Now that the weather has changed, I’m spending a lot more time inside – more specifically, on my couch. All of this time in my living room makes me want to redecorate. One of my favorite quick room changes is adding color with fun pillows. A fantastic company you will instantly fall in love with is Hable Construction.

Named after their great-grandfather’s road construction business formed in the early twentieth century, sisters Susan and Katharine Hable founded Hable Construction in 1998. They make many different textile products, from stationery to pillows, tote bags and felt wool Christmas stockings.

I am in love with these two pillows. From start to finish, the pillows are handmade. First the fabrics are printed by hand in an old New England factory, then they are hand cut and sewn in New York. The color, texture and designs are just fantastic, and will liven up any room – especially during the gloomy winter.

The Scarlet Flower Wheat Linen Pillow, 16” x 16”, is $95.


The Moss Reeds and Berries Wool Felt Appliqué Pillow, 20” x 20”, is $175.


And just because this Cupcake Wool Felt Appliqué Pillow is just so dang cute, I had to throw it in.


Check out all of their products at Hableconstruction.com. You’ll fall in love.